'Terrelle Cryer' shirts all the rage in Happy Valley

After his fourth-quarter fumble led to the game-winning touchdown for Penn State last season, Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor openly “wept” over the miscue that ultimately cost the Buckeyes a shot at an outright Big Ten title and a Rose Bowl appearance.

This weekend, Pryor and the Buckeyes will travel to Happy Valley to face the Nittany Lions in a game that will go a long way in determining the conference champ yet again, and the student body is doing their best to remind Pryor that there’s no crying in football.

As part of a a special OSU-themed White Out, the Penn State Marketing Association is printing t-shirts as a “tribute” to Pryor, a highly-decorated Pennsylvania high school player who eschewed Penn State for Ohio State.

According to the school’s student newspaper, the t-shirt will prominently feature the tagline “The Nutcracker: A Terrelle Cryer Story” and the following picture:

Terrelle Cryer.jpg

(chuckle)

While the shirts are not available to the public right now, they will be put on sale Friday in limited numbers.  And I’m quite certain Pryor will be among the first in line to grab this collector’s item.

Permalink 0 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Big Ten Conference, Ohio State Buckeyes, Penn State Nittany Lions, Rumor Mill
Respond to “'Terrelle Cryer' shirts all the rage in Happy Valley”
  1. cbfan says: Nov 4, 2009 2:18 PM

Maybe I am just being a bit soft for the young men who play this sport but I find it hard to beleive that a University such as Penn State would ensorse this and encourage people to wear these shirts targeting an individual. I can understand targeting a team in general, but not an individual. Poor taste PSU.

2. skip h says: Nov 4, 2009 2:43 PM

I’m sure Joe Pa will be concerned with the extra incentive OSU will have because of this. I’m a big PSU supporter but have the feeling that OSU is going to come to Happy Valley and kick butt.

3. Bucknut says: Nov 4, 2009 3:29 PM

Thanks Penn State! If this doesn’t get the Bucks up for the game, nothing will!

4. Arizona Buckeye says: Nov 4, 2009 3:48 PM

Thank you very much Penn State for giving Terrelle and the rest of the Buckeye Nation another reason to kick your white tee shirt wearing asses. Perhaps next year we’ll return the favor with a tee depicting JoePa running through our endzone on his way to taking an old man shit like he did a few years ago. Off the top of my head – The Shitney Lions: An old man and his stains

5. JoePa says: Nov 4, 2009 4:33 PM

Oh Buckeye fans. So silly. If this shirt is what it takes to get your cryers up for the game, it’s going to be one Happy Valley.

6. OhComeOn says: Nov 4, 2009 5:10 PM

The article and the comment by cbfan seems to say this is a University sanctioned tshirt. It is not. A student club on campus made these shirts and is now selling them. It’s not licensed gear so PSU doesn’t approve their fundraisers.
    Every team has a few tacky fans but “a University such as Penn State” is not encouraging students to wear them.

7. hockeeboy123 says: Nov 4, 2009 6:12 PM

i’m a die-hard penn state fan and always will be, but this is an absolute disgrace. whoever came up with this idea certainly doesn’t embody all that penn state has always stood for. i despise ohio state, but even they wouldn’t stoop this low. those psu students should be ashamed of themselves and write a letter of apology to pryor. he was true freshman starting in a huge prime-time game as a teenager and his team came up just short. nothing wrong with that. if you want to criticize him for supporting mike vick or other stupid stuff, go ahead, but don’t get on him for playing his heart out and coming up just short. iowa fans haven’t done that, and they’ve kicked our butts and broken our hearts the last two years.

8. texasPHINSfan says: Nov 5, 2009 12:51 PM

i think it’s funny… but i don’t understand why PSU fans have sour grapes over Pryor going to OSU instead…. he’s not that good.
    he was a GREAT high school QB because of his size. he didn’t have great coaching in high school though, just his physical assets. now he’s struggling to adjust to the college game, and tressell isn’t doing him any favors with his gameplanning.
    PSU’s better off without him. ;)