A little less than three weeks after his unexpected dismissal from the Georgia football program — and just three days after pleading guilty to two counts of sexual battery for “grabbing the breasts and touching the buttocks of the victim” — quarterback Zach Mettenberger may be close to finding a new home.
At the very least, it seems as if he has no shortage of suitors.
Speaking to KelinJohnson.com — thanks trusty, unnamed reader for the heads up! — Mettenberger said that he has two scholarship offers already in hand — one from Cincinnati and one from Louisville. He will be visiting the latter on May 7, and the former on May 13.
“I’m excited to have another opportunity to live out my dream of playing Division 1 football,” Mettenberger told the website. “Both schools have new coaches. Louisville went to the Orange Bowl recently and Cincinnati had a great season last year. They aren’t Georgia, but I will have the chance to throw the ball more at both universities because of a spread offense.”
Additionally, Mettenberger has received “heavy interest” from schools such as Tennessee, South Carolina, Texas A&M, Kentucky, Troy State, Memphis, and Colorado.
As for the charges he pleaded guilty to, Mettenberger admitted that he was in the wrong that night in Valdosta, but said that was not the “real” him.
” I know I made a mistake and I’m not going to mess up again,” Mettenberger said. “The people who are judging me don’t really know who I am. The people who are close to me are the ones that really matter.”