Skip to content

Taylor Martinez reaffirms commitment to ‘Huskers

Taylor Martinez

Apparently, any issues between Taylor Martinez, his father and the Nebraska coaching staff are a thing of the past.

For the time being.

With rumors swirling for the better part of two months — if not longer — that he would be transferring, the California native instead released a statement Wednesday evening indicating that he is anxious and looking forward to getting healthy and playing for the Cornhuskers in 2011.

“To dismiss any rumors on my thoughts of transferring I’d like to state that I am anxious to get back to Nebraska Sunday evening and look forward to getting healthy and getting my strength and speed back,” the quarterback said in the statement. “I also look forward to using these past year’s experiences and challenges to help me become a better all around person, football player and leader.

“I feel that with the players that we have coming back, along with the new talent that is coming into the Husker program that we will have great success for many years under coach [Bo] Pelini.”

Martinez was hampered by a couple of nagging foot/toe/ankle injuries throughout the last half of the season, and was the subject of a verbal sideline tirade launched by Pelini during the latter portion of November.

Permalink 3 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Big 12 Conference, Nebraska Cornhuskers, Rumor Mill, Top Posts
3 Responses to “Taylor Martinez reaffirms commitment to ‘Huskers”
  1. terpface says: Jan 5, 2011 10:13 PM

    Until Martinez leans how to throw a football, Nebraska would be better off with a RB taking direct snaps

  2. huskerguy says: Jan 6, 2011 8:33 AM

    Agreed.

    He almost seemed to digress a little bit during the year. His throws just kind of hang in the air. Without the HUGE talent of a WR that will go get it, those will get picked or batted away.

    I am sure the Huskers will be looking at that (as well as a different OC as well… I hope).

  3. polegojim says: Jan 6, 2011 10:31 AM

    New OC should be a TOP priority.

    Watson lost his committment to sound play calling earlier in the year.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!