Todd McNair

Todd McNair will sue NCAA, says they ‘ruined his career’


Following up on an initial rumor that began circulating late last week, it looks as though former USC running backs coach Todd McNair is, indeed, suing the NCAA for damages for libel, slander, breach of contract and negligence. The suit also alleges that NCAA officials “arbitrarily and capriciously decided to ruin his [McNair’s] career to further their own agenda.”

McNair previously appealed the NCAA’s findings against USC and then-running back Reggie Bush, claiming the NCAA’s “Committee on Infractions and investigative staff committed misconduct and mischaracterized facts [against him]”. The appeal was denied in late April.

A full text of the suit can be seen HERE. The real meat of the lawsuit begins at about page three. Below are a couple excerpts from the first clause of action (libel):

“Despite a complete lack of evidence that Plaintiff TODD MCNAIR did anything wrong, let alone committing acts amounting to unethical conduct, and despite the NCAA’s own internal regulations mandating that the evidence must be “clear and convincing” of wrongdoing to result in such a finding, Defendants,  and each of them, in an arbitrary and capricious manner, disregarded their internal regulations, processes and procedures to reach a finding that TODD MCNAIR committed unethical conduct.”

“Plaintiff is informed and believes, and on that basis alleges, that Defendants, and each of them, made false statements… with knowledge that they were false or otherwise fabricated, intended the false statements to be published in a manner that would harm Plaintiff and… disregarded the fact that they would cause Plaintiff to suffer substantial damages.”

As you can gather, McNair is 1) still fighting the notion that he was even a knowing participant and enabler in the Reggie Bush saga and 2) that falsified statements have effectively, and unfairly, ended his career as a coach.

McNair will be represented by Greene Broillet & Wheeler, LLP, which filed the suit in L.A. County Superior Court.

(Thanks: Orange County Register)

Colorado loses starting LB Kenneth Olugbode for 4-6 weeks

during the Rocky Mountain Showdown at Sports Authority Field at Mile High on September 19, 2015 in Denver, Colorado.
Getty Images
Leave a comment

Colorado had already lost one starting inside linebacker to injury.  Now, the Buffs have lost another.

Kenneth Olugbode sustained an unspecified leg injury in the Week 5 loss to Oregon. As a result, Olugbode will miss 4-6 weeks.

At minimum, Olugbode will miss games against Arizona State, Arizona, Oregon State and UCLA, possibly returning for the Nov. 7 game against Stanford. Missing six weeks would see him miss the Stanford and USC games, returning, Nov. 21 vs. Washington State.

It’s going to be a big loss,” defensive tackle Justin Solis said according to the Denver Post. “It starts up front with us, the D-line. Not having K.O. out there is a huge loss, but it’s definitely something we accept as a challenge as a D-line. We’re going to step it up while he’s out.”

Olugbode had started all five games this season after starting all 12 games as a sophomore last season. Ryan Severson is expected to take his place in the starting lineup.

Dismissed Wolverine Logan Tuley-Tillman charged with three felonies

Logan Tuley-Tillman
Michigan Athletics

Back on September 10, it was announced that Jim Harbaugh had dismissed Logan Tuley-Tillman for “conduct unacceptable for a Michigan student-athlete.”  Now we know what that unacceptable conduct was.  Allegedly.

Wednesday morning, is reporting, Tuley-Tillman was charged with three felonies stemming from a Sept. 4 incident in which he’s accused of filming a sex act with a woman without her knowledge. Tuley-Tillman was officially charged with two counts of capturing/distributing an image of an unclothed person and one count of using a computer to commit a crime.

From the report:

Capturing/distributing an image of an unclothed person is punishable by up to two years in prison, a fine of no more than $2,000, or both. Using a computer to commit a crime, in this case, would be punishable by up to 10 years in prison, a fine of no more than $5,000, or both.

The incident occurred in the 300 block of Catherine Street Sept. 4. Tuley-Tillman is accused of filming a portion of a sexual encounter with a woman without her knowledge and then transmitting it to his personal device without her permission, according to Ann Arbor police.

Tuley-Tillman was a four-star member of Brady Hoke‘s second-to-last UM recruiting class, rated as the No. 24 offensive tackle in the country and the No. 7 player at any position in the state of Illinois.  He played in one game as a redshirt freshman last season, the season opener against Appalachian State.

This season, he had been listed as the No. 2 left tackle and played in the 2015 opener.