A&M RB runs the numbers, decides to transfer

With the dynamic one-two running back punch of Cyrus Gray and Christine Michael ahead of you on the Texas A&M depth chart, you know, barring an injury, your touches are going to be few and far between.

When you fall behind the backup to that duo?  Yeah, it might be time to move on.

Obviously, that’s exactly what has transpired as it pertains to Mister Jones, who head coach Mike Sherman confirmed Wednesday has decided to take his leave of the Aggies football program and transfer from the school.

“Mister came to me and expressed a desire to withdraw from school due to personal reasons,” Sherman said in a statement. “I granted his request. He is a quality young man and we wish Mister and his family all the best.”

Those personal reasons could also be described as personnel reasons; Jones had entered summer camp as the No. 3 RB behind Gray and Michael, but fell behind Ben Malena before the start of the 2011 season.

As for potential transfer destinations, Colorado would be a good place to start.  Jones played his high school ball in the state, and the Buffaloes were one of his official visits during the fall of 2009.

Jones was a four-star member of A&M’s 2010 recruiting and was rated as the No. 5 player in the state of Colorado according to Rivals.com.