Jaamal Berry, Chad Sherer, Kevin Bush

Ohio State RB Berry treated in hospital after ‘wrestling’ with student

Um, okay.

The details of the following incident involving Ohio State running back Jaamal Berry are, as you can imagine, pretty scarce at this point, but here they are as they have been released:

According to information obtained by Ohio State’s student newspaper, The Lantern, Berry was treated and released from a local hospital on Wednesday after what Ohio State police relayed as assault on another student. Berry, however, states that he was merely “wrestling” with the other student, who hasn’t been identified, and was reportedly disoriented and confused.

We are aware of the situation yesterday. Medical professionals ran a battery of tests on (Berry),” Ohio State spokesman Jerry Emig told The Associated Press. “So far, no medical issue has been identified but the evaluation is continuing. No legal issues are involved.”

Berry currently has just three rushes for five yards on the season.

San Diego State RB Marcus Stamps ‘probably’ sidelined for all of 2016

SAN DIEGO, CA - DECEMBER 05:  The Aztec Warrior mascot of the San Diego State Aztecs awaits the opening ceremonies prior to playing the Mountain West Championship game against the Air Force Falcons at Qualcomm Stadium on December 5, 2015 in San Diego, California.  (Photo by Kent Horner/Getty Images)