LSU, Bama sit atop latest AP poll

For the third week in a row, LSU is the unanimous No. 1 team in the country with their big win over Arkansas on Friday. With just the SEC championship left against Georiga, the Tigers are thisclose to playing for their second national title in five seasons.

The question everyone wants to know is who will be playing LSU in that title. Alabama? Oklahoma State? Stanford? Virginia Tech? The Tide come in at No. 2 in the latest AP poll after crushing Auburn in the Iron Bowl and received all the second-place votes for the second week in a row. Oklahoma State moved up two spots to No. 3 after an idle week, inexplicably jumping No. 4 Stanford, who beat Notre Dame 28-14. The Cowboys will face No. 13 Oklahoma next week in what could still be a crucial Bedlam game.

Virginia Tech will enter the ACC championship game at No. 5 and Arkansas drops to No. 6 after falling to LSU 41-17. The Hokies probably have the last outside shot at the BCS title game.

Undefeated Houston comes in at No. 7, Oregon at No. 8 as they prepare for the first Pac-12 championship game, and USC and Boise State are tied at No. 9.

West Virginia, Southern Miss and Florida State all re-enter the AP Top 25 after dropping out at various points; Georgia Tech falls out after losing to Georgia.