RGIII leads AP All-American team

You want Associated Press All-American teams? You got AP All-American teams. All three of ’em.

After winning the Heisman, Baylor’s Robert Griffin III highlights the first team, along with other Heisman finalists Trent Richardson, Montee Ball and Tyrann Matheiu. Andrew Luck leads the AP second team All-American selection.

The first team is made up of mostly juniors and seniors, but two freshman made the list: Clemson WR Sammy Watkins and LSU punter Brad Wing.

Just to show how deep the quarterback pool was this year in college football, USC’s Matt Barkley made third team A-A honors.

FIRST TEAM OFFENSE
QB — Robert Griffin III, junior, 6-foot-2, 220 pounds, Baylor.
RB — Montee Ball, junior, 5-11, 210, Wisconsin
RB — Trent Richardson, junior, 5-11, 224, Alabama.
OL — Barrett Jones, senior, 6-5, 311, Alabama
OL — Matt Kalil, junior, 6-7, 295, Southern California.
OL — David DeCastro, senior, 6-5, 310, Stanford
OL — Kevin Zeitler, senior, 6-4, 318, Wisconsin.
C — David Molk, senior, 6-2, 286, Michigan.
WR — Justin Blackmon, junior, 6-1, 215, Oklahoma State
WR — Robert Woods, sophomore, 6-1, 180, Southern California.
TE — Dwayne Allen, junior, 6-4, 255, Clemson.
AP — Sammy Watkins, freshman, 6-1, 180, Clemson.
K — Randy Bullock, senior, 5-9, 212, Texas A&M.

FIRST TEAM DEFENSE
DE — Melvin Ingram, senior, 6-2, 276, South Carolina
DE — Whitney Mercilus, junior, 6-4, 265, Illinois.
DT — Devon Still, senior, 6-5, 310, Penn State
DT — Jerel Worthy, junior, 6-3, 310, Michigan State.
LB — Luke Kuechly, junior, 6-3, 237, Boston College
LB — Jarvis Jones, sophomore, 6-3, 241, Georgia
LB — Dont’a Hightower, junior, 6-4, 260, Alabama.
CB — Morris Claiborne, junior, 6-0, 185, LSU
CB — Tyrann Mathieu, sophomore, 5-9, 175, LSU.
S — Mark Barron, senior, 6-2, 218, Alabama
S — Bacarri Rambo, junior, 6-0, 218, Georgia.
P — Brad Wing, freshman, 6-3, 184, LSU.

SECOND TEAM OFFENSE
QB — Andrew Luck, junior, Stanford.
RB — LaMichael James, junior, Oregon
RB — David Wilson, junior, Virginia Tech.
OL — Jonathan Martin, senior, Stanford
OL — Nate Potter, senior, Boise State.
OL — Will Blackwell, senior, LSU
OL — Austin Pazstor, senior, Virginia.
C — Peter Konz, junior, Wisconsin.
WR — Ryan Broyles, senior, Oklahoma
WR — Kendall Wright, senior, Baylor.
TE — Tyler Eifert, junior, Notre Dame.
AP — Joe Adams, senior, Arkansas.
K — Caleb Sturgis, junior, Florida.

SECOND TEAM DEFENSE
DE — Frank Alexander, senior, Oklahoma
DE — Vinny Curry, senior, Marshall.
DT — Joe Vellano, junior, Maryland
DT — Derek Wolfe, senior, Cincinnati.
LB — Courtney Upshaw, senior, Alabama
LB — Lavonte David, senior, Nebraska
LB — Manti Teo, junior, Notre Dame.
CB — David Amerson, sophomore, North Carolina State
CB — Dre Kirkpatrick, junior, Alabama.
S — Markelle Martin, senior, Oklahoma State
S — Antonio Allen, senior, South Carolina.
P — Ryan Allen, junior, Louisiana Tech.

THIRD TEAM OFFENSE
QB — Matt Barkley, junior, Southern California.
RB — Ronnie Hillman, sophomore, San Diego State
RB — Bobby Rainey, senior, Western Kentucky.
OL — Levy Adcock, senior, Oklahoma State
OL — Cordy Glenn, senior, Georgia.
OL — Ryan Miller, senior, Colorado
OL — Gabe Ikard, sophomore, Oklahoma.
C — Grant Garner, senior, Oklahoma State.
WR — Jordan White, senior, Western Michigan
WR — Patrick Edwards, senior, Houston.
TE — Coby Fleener, senior, Stanford.
AP — Tavon Austin, junior, West Virginia.
K — Quinn Sharp, junior, Oklahoma State.

THIRD TEAM DEFENSE
DE — Sam Montgomery, sophomore, LSU
DE — Andre Branch, senior, Clemson.
DT — John Simon, junior, Ohio State
DT — Fletcher Cox, junior, Mississippi State.
LB — Tank Carder, senior, TCU
LB — Sammy Brown, senior, Houston
LB — Emmanuel Acho, senior, Texas.
CB — Nigel Malone, junior, Kansas State
CB — Brodrick Brown, junior, Oklahoma State.
S — Josh Bush, senior, Wake Forest
S — George Iloka, senior, Boise State.
P — Shawn Powell, senior, Florida State.

Infant son of D’Onta Foreman passed away during Texas’ 2016 season

As a father five times over, I simply can’t imagine doing what D'Onta Foreman did last season.

On the field, the Texas running back was an absolute beast.  He led the nation in rushing yards per game at 184.4 — next closest was San Diego State’s Donnell Pumphrey at 152.4 — while his 2,028 total rushing yards were second to Pumphrey (2,133).  On Nov. 5 against Texas Tech, Foreman ran for 341 yards, the third-highest total in Longhorns history.

In a profile that appeared on the NFL Network, Foreman revealed that, unbeknownst to those outside of the football program, his girlfriend gave birth to a baby boy on Sept. 16.  His son was born premature and weighed just 15 ounces at birth; 50 days later, the infant passed away — not long after Foreman’s historic performance against Tech.

In fact, Foreman learned of his son’s death as he was driving back to the hospital in Texas City after the game to be with him.

From HookEm.com‘s transcription of his interview with the NFL Network:

I always dreamed of having a boy and naming him after me and you know, just seeing him grow. You know, just loving him.

“He was a fighter, you know. He would like fight and he’s going to make it and everything will be fine.”

“I really didn’t know how to feel. I was like numb. I was driving and then I was crying while I was driving. I was crushed and I was so hurt. I feel like something was taken away from me before I even really got the chance to experience it.

While nothing can ever replace Foreman’s loss, there is a silver lining in his story as the back’s girlfriend is again pregnant.  The due date?  The same day D’Onta Vanton Foreman Jr. was born.

Foreman Sr. is one of the players who are part of the pool for the NFL draft, which will take place this Thursday in Philadelphia.

Via Twitter, safety Jordan Fogal says he’s leaving Utah