A week after a pair of defensive backs were “released from their scholarships“, a player from the other side of the ball has decided to take his leave from the Ohio State football program.
Fullback David Durham confirmed to the Columbus Dispatch Sunday night that he has decided to transfer from the Buckeyes. Durham, who moved from the defensive line to the backfield last year, said the type of offense being installed by new head coach Urban Meyer was the overriding factor in his decision.
“I have really taken to playing the fullback position over the last year,” Durham told the paper. “Unfortunately, I will not have a significant opportunity to do this in coach Meyer’s spread offense.
“I love the Ohio State University and all of my teammates and coaches, and I really appreciate all of their support through this process. It will be tough to leave such a special place. I am exploring different options right now for my future.”
There’s no word yet on where Durham may continue his collegiate career. The Charlotte native was a member of OSU’s 2010 recruiting class.