Happy Monday, everyone. Some news and notes from around college football…
– Zach Mettenberger appears to have the quarterback job all but officially locked down at LSU, but who’s behind him?
– A Phoenix area officer also accepted free tickets from the Fiesta Bowl, a violation department directives to follow city policy.
– The Orlando Sentinel gets you up to speed on Florida State this spring.
– Admit it. You want to see Steve Spurrier shirtless. Or, “topless” as he puts it. (Warning: images are disturbing)
– Keeping with the March Madness theme, the Big Ten Network polls fans on favorite uniforms. First round surprise? Illinois’ unis upset Ohio State. Bucking tradition, I see.
– Speaking of the Buckeyes, Urban Meyer chatted with the Deseret News about his time at Utah.
– Travis Sawchik of the Charleston Post and Courier thinks the SEC could ink a $5 billion TV deal when it renegotiates its contracts with media partners. That’s a lot, but when you think about the product vs. the bar that’s been set, it’s not completely out of the question.
– Not directly college football related, but Jeff Schultz of the Atlanta Journal Constitution writes a great piece on his relationship with the late Furman Bisher, a great sports writer who passed away over the weekend at the age of 93.