Some links from around college football from over the weekend…
– ESPN’s Mark Schlabach writes that bowl sites for a four-team playoff could be chosen based on conference tie-ins.
– The BCS is dying, writes Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star, but the real challenge for college athletics remains.
– Very sad news from last week, as a small college football player in Nebraska has passed away from injuries he sustained when he fell out of the back of a pickup truck.
– Is Brett Hundley on the verge of claiming UCLA’s QB job? Seeing as no one else can stay healthy, I’d say he has as good a shot as anyone.
– Former Penn State coach Joe Paterno was in the works for a biography before his death earlier this year.
– In preparation for their move to the Big East, Navy is cancelling a four-game series with UNLV. I understand your inconsolable state and we’ll allow you plenty of time to grieve.