Vehicular misdemeanors create headache for Okla. St. JUCO transfer

Ticket AP

After transferring from the JUCO ranks earlier this year, Calvin Barnett is expected to make an instant and immediate impact on Oklahoma State’s defensive line.

Prior to that, however, Barnett will first have to navigate the vagaries of traffic court.

Gina Mizell of the Daily Oklahoman confirmed Tuesday night a report from the Daily O’Collegian,the school newspaper, that Bryant was arrested the day before and charged with four driving-related misdemeanors.  Those charges include driving under suspension, driving without insurance, speeding and failing to register a vehicle within 30 days of purchase.

Barnett was arrested after being pulled over by the Oklahoma Highway Patrol, a stop preceded by the lineman exceeding the posted speed limit by about 11 miles per hour.

A May 9 court date has been set for Barnett.

Barnett was originally a four-star member of Arkansas’ 2010 recruiting class — after being verbally committed to the Cowboys — rated as the No. 13 defensive tackle in the country and the top-rated player at any position in the state of Oklahoma.  The 6-3, 283-pounder failed to qualify academically, however, and spent the past two seasons at Navarro Junior College  in Corsicana, Tex.

Permalink 0 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Arkansas Razorbacks, Big 12 Conference, Oklahoma State Cowboys, Rumor Mill, Southeastern Conference, Top Posts
Respond to “Vehicular misdemeanors create headache for Okla. St. JUCO transfer”