Meandering our way through the offseason minutia, a lone one-liner at a time…
– Birmingham News: As successful as he has been, Nick Saban‘s assistant coaches have yet to find similar glory as head coaches
– From the Dept. of FWIW: Michigan offensive coordinator Al Borges is 2-0 lifetime vs. Nick Saban-coached teams. The Wolverines, of course, open the 2012 season against Coach Woodcock’s Alabama Crimson Tide.
– St. Louis Post-Disaptch: Mizzou will get fully immersed in the SEC at the spring meetings this week.
– After its spring meetings, the Big East’s athletic directors are breathing a sigh of relief — for now.
– Here’s a feature from the Chattanooga Times Free Press on the Ol’ Ball Coach still stirring the SEC pot.
– Is TCU’s Gary Patterson (gasp!) lighetning up?
– Charleston Gazette-Mail: Needle moving for West Virginia football program
– The San Diego Union-Tribune opines that the legacy of athletic director Jim Sterk “hangs in the balance as he attempts to lead the navigation of San Diego State football into the Big East Conference.”
– Nearly two years removed from playing his last game at Texas A&M, “Gig ‘em” is still a part of Von Miller‘s Twitter-toire.