Skip to content

Leading FB one of three Navy players no longer with program

Navy v Notre Dame Getty Images

Despite some contributions to Navy’s disappointing 5-7 season last year, three Midshipmen are no longer with the team, a team spokesperson confirmed to the Washington Times.

The departed players are linebacker Jarvis Cummings (pictured), offensive lineman Dale Howard and fullback Mike Patrick. No reason was given for the departures.

Cummings, a former quarterback, played two games as a sophomore and had eight carries for 29 yards and a touchdown; Patrick had 15 carries for 96 yards last year and led all returning fullbacks for the Midshipment; Howard had solidified himself as a solid backup at center this spring.

Permalink 3 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Independents, Navy Midshipmen, Rumor Mill, Top Posts
3 Responses to “Leading FB one of three Navy players no longer with program”
  1. seanb20124 says: Jun 2, 2012 6:39 PM

    Spice???

  2. raysfan1 says: Jun 3, 2012 10:54 AM

    Sean,
    Interesting thought as it has certainly become an issue in the military and the standard drug testing does not test for it. However, it’s use has been deemed a violation of the UCMJ. If spice turns out to be the reason, these young men will find themselves dismissed from the Academy as well as the football team. If they are allowed to remain in school and thus ultimately be commissioned as military officers, then this disciplinary action is not due to drugs.

  3. drexelvol says: Jun 4, 2012 11:17 AM

    Considering it’s three players, you’re probably right, Sean, could be Spice. David Sperry was released just a few weeks ago for that.

    There were a bunch of non-student athletes that were kicked out of the USNA last fall for that as well.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!