Teddy Bridgewater

Bridgewater, Louisville handle Kentucky

2012 is an important year for Louisville and head coach Charlie Strong. Now that West Virginia is gone to the Big 12, the Cardinals have become the instant favorite to win the Big East in its final year before massive transformation. Sunday, UL did nothing to deter that feeling by taking care of in-state rival Kentucky 32-14.

Granted, it’s Kentucky, which may not win more than a few games this year, but we’ve already seen what Week 1 can do to heavily favored teams sleepwalking through the opener. There were plenty of ugly looking games this weekend.

Not the Cards. Strong was able to pull quarterback Teddy Bridgewater after three quarters. The sophomore finished the day a sharp 19-of-21 for 232 yards. Overall, UL’s offense looks more complete. Running backs Senorise Perry and Jeremy Wright both had over 100 yards rushing. That’s going to help any offense run more smoothly.

The first real test for the Cardinals is going to come in a couple of weeks against North Carolina. For as hyped as Strong is, he doesn’t have another signature win outside of one against WVU last season and there aren’t many marquee games on the slate this year. Point being, Strong’s team has to take care of business. Louisville doesn’t have to go undefeated necessarily, but there doesn’t look like there’s any reason the Big East race should come down to the final week of the regular season.

At least not after Week 1. Cincinnati has yet to play, but Louisville already appears to be miles ahead of other teams in the Big East.

Wisconsin LB Vince Biegel back from injury a lot sooner than expected

MADISON, WI - SEPTEMBER 17:  Vince Biegel #47 of the Wisconsin Badgers celebrates after making a tackle in the second quarter against the Georgia State Panthers at Camp Randall Stadium on September 17, 2016 in Madison, Wisconsin. (Photo by Dylan Buell/Getty Images)