Temple’s Kamal Johnson charged with kidnapping

Even as Temple was stunning USF in a nine-point win on the field Saturday, an early-season starter along the defensive line was dealing with a rather significant issue off of it.

First reported by FOX29 in Philadelphia, defensive tackle Kamal Johnson (pictured, No. 93) was arrested Saturday and charged with kidnapping as well as multiple related charges.  The other charges, NBCPhiladelphia reported, include unlawful restraint, simple assault, false imprisonment, and reckless endangerment of another person.

The alleged female victim was the girlfriend of the player.  The incident that led to the arrest occurred Sept. 27  after Johnson had allegedly pushed his way into the woman’s apartment and is described in the police report thusly:

Police say Johnson knocked on her door and when the woman answered, he forced his way inside. Johnson allegedly pulled the woman out of her apartment and forced her down the stairs to his apartment. Investigators say he then pushed her onto a chair and punched her in the back. Johnson then threw her onto the floor and she hit her head, according to police.

Investigators say the woman asked to leave and Johnson refused. Police say Johnson he then held the woman against her will for 3 ½ hours. Johnson accused the woman of cheating on him, according to investigators.

Police say the woman suffered a head contusion and cuts to her arms and neck.  The woman told police that Johnson abused her in the past.

Johnson remains jailed in lieu of a $25,000 bond.  The school has yet to comment on the situation.

The junior had started the first two games of the season and has played in a total of three..

Infant son of D’Onta Foreman passed away during Texas’ 2016 season

As a father five times over, I simply can’t imagine doing what D'Onta Foreman did last season.

On the field, the Texas running back was an absolute beast.  He led the nation in rushing yards per game at 184.4 — next closest was San Diego State’s Donnell Pumphrey at 152.4 — while his 2,028 total rushing yards were second to Pumphrey (2,133).  On Nov. 5 against Texas Tech, Foreman ran for 341 yards, the third-highest total in Longhorns history.

In a profile that appeared on the NFL Network, Foreman revealed that, unbeknownst to those outside of the football program, his girlfriend gave birth to a baby boy on Sept. 16.  His son was born premature and weighed just 15 ounces at birth; 50 days later, the infant passed away — not long after Foreman’s historic performance against Tech.

In fact, Foreman learned of his son’s death as he was driving back to the hospital in Texas City after the game to be with him.

From HookEm.com‘s transcription of his interview with the NFL Network:

I always dreamed of having a boy and naming him after me and you know, just seeing him grow. You know, just loving him.

“He was a fighter, you know. He would like fight and he’s going to make it and everything will be fine.”

“I really didn’t know how to feel. I was like numb. I was driving and then I was crying while I was driving. I was crushed and I was so hurt. I feel like something was taken away from me before I even really got the chance to experience it.

While nothing can ever replace Foreman’s loss, there is a silver lining in his story as the back’s girlfriend is again pregnant.  The due date?  The same day D’Onta Vanton Foreman Jr. was born.

Foreman Sr. is one of the players who are part of the pool for the NFL draft, which will take place this Thursday in Philadelphia.

Via Twitter, safety Jordan Fogal says he’s leaving Utah