Skip to content

Duke’s Renfree cleared from concussion, will play vs. Clemson

Sean Renfree AP

The will he/won’t he from earlier in the week has been cleared up in the affirmative for Duke.

Head coach David Cutcliffe said Sean Renfree, listed as probable on the team’s official injury report, has been cleared to play against Clemson Saturday.

The starting quarterback suffered a concussion during the second quarter of the Blue Devils’ blowout loss to Florida State this past weekend.  After being limited to non-contact drills earlier in the week, Renfree was cleared to resume full participation in Thursday’s practice.

Cutcliffe, though, did note his starter’s not completely out of the medical woods quite yet.

“The concern is how’s it going to go when you get hit, if you get hit,” the coach said.

Renfree is currently fourth in the ACC in passing efficiency, and played a significant role in lifting the Blue Devils to bowl eligibility for the first time since the 1994 season.

Permalink 0 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Atlantic Coast Conference, Duke Blue Devils, Rumor Mill, Top Posts
Respond to “Duke’s Renfree cleared from concussion, will play vs. Clemson”
Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!