‘Bama sends two reserves home for curfew violations

Nick Saban AP

With a third BCS title in four years on the line in three days, Nick Saban isn’t screwing around, even when it involves a couple of little-used freshmen.

According to The Crimson White, the school’s student newspaper, a pair of freshmen linebackers — Dillon Lee and Ryan Anderson — were sent home from Miami after violating team rules.  Saban subsequently confirmed through a statement that the two players had violated curfew.

The Tide is in South Beach preparing for Monday night’s title game matchup with Notre Dame.

Lee played sparingly this season but did see action in eight games, including the season opener against Michigan in which he recorded an interception in garbage time.  Anderson did not play at all his true freshman season.

Both players were four-star member’s of the Tide’s 2012 recruiting class, with Rivals.com rating Lee as the No. 4 inside linebacker in the country and Anderson the No. 6th outside linebacker.

Permalink 18 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Alabama Crimson Tide, Rumor Mill, Southeastern Conference, Top Posts
18 Responses to “‘Bama sends two reserves home for curfew violations”
  1. tttrojan4life says: Jan 4, 2013 10:44 PM

It’s nice to see Saban enforcing rules. I’ll be waiting for the announcement that he has suspended the player who cheap shotted the Georgia QB……..Oh wait he is a starter never mind………

2. fishtales10 says: Jan 4, 2013 10:58 PM

Keep your head on a swivel. Hit was fine.

3. bamafan36 says: Jan 4, 2013 11:04 PM

He sent home the #1 OL in the NFL draft in ’09, for violating team rules. He not only was a starter, he was the anchor of the line! Quinton Dial blocked Aaron Murray. It was not a cheap shot. It was a clean hit, and it was vicious! But, I just saw one that was WAY more harsh….but because it was against a CB, it was revered. The game is football, and it is a violent sport. Don’t like it? Go watch badminton or soccer!

And, a Trojan has no credibility…..Lane Kiffin is your coach! He disrespected GT, by showing up late for the Bowl dinner, and then proceeded to get his BUTT handed to him on national television! LOL! That, sir, is karma at its finest!

4. novoodoo4409 says: Jan 4, 2013 11:13 PM

“We gut 14 unverifiable nashnul Champeenchips…rull tird rull”

-said every textbook in Tuskeyloser

What a cr.ap city and school….and state…no pro sports..trailers…mullets…

Irish wins easily…fact..

Stay classy, Tuskeylosers….

5. beerbudsnbevo says: Jan 4, 2013 11:15 PM

You know why Bob Stoops eats cereal out of the box…

Cause if it was in a BOWL he’d lose it.

6. Deb says: Jan 4, 2013 11:20 PM

tttrojan4life …

Yes, it was a cheap shot, and I thought the player should have been flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct. In fact, I wouldn’t have complained if the refs had ejected him at the time. But no one gets suspended for that kind of hit … not even in Mr. Goodell’s pristine fantasy world.

As the previous commenter noted, Saban suspended the pivotal player on our offensive line for our 08 bowl game because he violated team rules. But no coach is going to bench a starter because he laid a hard lick on an opponent in an earlier contest. LSU’s Les Miles didn’t bench Tyrann Mathieu after his dirty hit sent Bama’s Dre Kirkpatrick to the hospital with a concussion that knocked him out of the game in last year’s regular-season meeting. Murray wasn’t even on the carpet for 10 seconds after the hit in that Georgia game; he bounced up immediately.

Football is a contact sport, and players sometimes make dirty hits. I don’t like it–but that’s what flags are for. Coaches aren’t going to bench players weeks after the fact for a nasty hit during a game. If you don’t know that, you’re on the wrong site.

7. normtide says: Jan 4, 2013 11:21 PM

Saban expects a business like attitude from his players. If your focus is not on the job at hand, he will find somebody that is focused. That said, I expect these boys will not have this issue next season.

8. normtide says: Jan 4, 2013 11:23 PM

Novoodo makes that post, then says stay classy. I am still laughing.

9. lasseter1113 says: Jan 5, 2013 12:03 AM

Novoodo is obsessed with the Tide and I think it is HILARIOUS. Hey Novoodo, how did it feel watching Yeldon streak down the field to beat your team at your house, AT NIGHT none the less, this year? Or maybe it’s still that embarrassment we handed you in the National Championship game that makes you say such stupid things…Even lost to a guy that played at Alabama, *cough* Dabo *cough*, looks like Bama is in your head, get use to it…LMAO

Now that that is out of the way. I think it is wonderful that Saban sent these guys home. It sends a message to the rest of the team. Either get your sh*t together and get ready to play or get sent home. Love it….Expect these guys to be at the top of their game next year and never make such a stupid mistake again. Live and learn….

10. Deb says: Jan 5, 2013 12:12 AM

novoodoo should not be driving in his condition.

11. xtremesportsmaniac says: Jan 5, 2013 7:30 AM

Deb or Bamafan,

Saban had no choice but to suspend Andre Smith his family had already contacted an agent and Smith lied about it.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/sports/1235380550290080.xml&coll=2

The only coach that comes to mind when I think about coached suspending key players for big games in Brady Hoke at Michigan.

12. bamafan36 says: Jan 5, 2013 8:10 AM

@extreme….

Andre had contacted an agent. However, nothing had been signed or agreed to. It is, a gray area according to NCAA rules, at best. However, Nick did what you are supposed to do. There have been LOTS of coaches to do the same thing. And, there have been TONS that should have, but didn’t.

@nodoodoo4409….

We don’t need pro sports. And, if Louisiana Sewage Univershitty was as good as Alabama or even AwBarn, you wouldn’t need the Ain’ts, either. Speaking of trash…..NoLa is the dirtiest place on earth. Literally! When you walk down the street (any of them), the hodge podge of smells are insane…….Puke, dookie, urine, poorly cooked French food, rotting sea food, and body odor! And, that’s just the good looking women! Duck Dynasty will do as much for Louisiana’s image, as The Jersey Shore did for New Jersey. It just sheds light, and gives a mass sampling of what to expect if you do happen to go through that crap hole! I wouldn’t trade our mullet’s or trailer parks for your mullet’s, bayou shack’s, or nutria! Not even for a minute! By the way….Burple and Yellow are NOT football colors. Your colors belong on a soccer field! So does your offensive coordinator!

Bleaux it again, Tyguh’s!!!!

13. goodellsadouche says: Jan 5, 2013 9:53 AM

WOW! You spell extremely well for an inbred Gump that probably is bangin his cousin or sister.

14. goodellsadouche says: Jan 5, 2013 9:56 AM

Sooner or later the almighty dollar will start callin $aban and he will leave. Then you guys will be back to corn holing each other for fun

15. normtide says: Jan 5, 2013 10:00 AM

Your jealousy is noted. Maybe one day your team will be good, maybe. Until then, keep showing how you were raised. We are all sorry your parents didn’t show you how to act in public.

16. bamafan36 says: Jan 5, 2013 3:38 PM

@Goodell’sbestfriend:
    Can you explain to us, why every other post by a Louisiana Sewage Univershitty fan has to do with your infatuation (that means like) of inbreeding (you know…how your daddy is your bruncle), incest (really the same. eaning as inbreeding), and homosexuality (you know….when you ‘lay’ with the aforementioned bruncle)? Your family tree is a stump! Your teams chokes. And your major city’s suck!

Roll Tide!

17. jonanthans says: Jan 5, 2013 8:19 PM

Bama fans shouldnt be mentioning trees..

just sayin..

18. bamafan36 says: Jan 5, 2013 8:40 PM

Now…..that was funny!