Skip to content

Starting lineman bolts Badgers for NFL

Joel Stave, Travis Frederick AP

For the first time this season, Wisconsin has lost an underclassman to the NFL.

In a letter to the UW football family posted on the team’s official website, starting center Travis Frederick (pictured, bent over) confirmed that, after “one of the toughest decisions in my life. … I have decided to forgo my final season as a Badger to enter the 2013 NFL Draft.”

Frederick has started 31 of the 32 games in which he played along the Badgers’ offensive line.  The redshirt junior took over at center this year for Peter Konz, who himself left UW early last year for the NFL and was selected in the second round.

“Thanks to the tremendous support system that I have, I feel very comfortable making this decision to move forward,” a portion of Frederick’s letter, which can be viewed in its entirety HERE, read. “I would like to thank everyone that has supported me all along and especially during this decision-making process. I would like to especially thank my parents, brothers, friends and girlfriend for being there during my career and this process. Without them, I could not have succeeded.”

Frederick is the second offensive lineman to declare early, joining Syracuse’s Justin Pugh.

Permalink 3 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Big Ten Conference, Rumor Mill, Top Posts, Wisconsin Badgers
3 Responses to “Starting lineman bolts Badgers for NFL”
  1. madtownthrowdown says: Jan 5, 2013 7:43 AM

    and that folks is how it is done.

  2. 1historian says: Jan 5, 2013 8:51 AM

    ditto

  3. mnjoemama says: Jan 5, 2013 9:46 AM

    He probably doesn’t want to get jumped by his own fans this offseason . Montes balls nation

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!