Reports: Ex-Mizzou OC headed to Wazzu as WR coach

A disappointing 2012 would be the final year for David Yost as Missouri’s offensive coordinator. In early December, following a 5-7 season that saw a drop in roughly seven points per game for the Tigers on offense, Yost announced his resignation.

But it appears he won’t be unemployed for long. Footballscoop.com reported Saturday morning that Yost is joining Mike Leach’s staff at Washington State as the team’s wide receivers coach. Dave Matter of the Columbia Tribune later confirmed the report, although Wazzu has not yet done the same.

If/when the reports come to fruition, Yost would officially be replacing Eric Morris, who left to return to Texas Tech under new coach Kliff Kingsbury.

Here’s more from Matter’s original story connecting Yost to Wazzu.

Leach serves as his own coordinator and quarterbacks coach, but the source said Yost would “have some say in the offense” and would likely be Leach’s top assistant in the coaching booth.

“David is really excited to learn from one of the originators of the spread offense,” the source said.

Yost had been with Gary Pinkel for 17 years at Toledo and Missouri. At the time of his resignation, Yost said “There are a lot of factors that played into the process of coming to my decision. I feel like I’ve had a great run here and that it’s just the right time to turn it over to someone else.”

The reported hire would be a good move for Leach. Yost brings a wealth of experience to the Cougars offensively, and perhaps the demands of the job would be better suited for what Yost is seeking.

Yost also reportedly interviewed with Oklahoma State for the offensive coordinator spot.

Infant son of D’Onta Foreman passed away during Texas’ 2016 season

As a father five times over, I simply can’t imagine doing what D'Onta Foreman did last season.

On the field, the Texas running back was an absolute beast.  He led the nation in rushing yards per game at 184.4 — next closest was San Diego State’s Donnell Pumphrey at 152.4 — while his 2,028 total rushing yards were second to Pumphrey (2,133).  On Nov. 5 against Texas Tech, Foreman ran for 341 yards, the third-highest total in Longhorns history.

In a profile that appeared on the NFL Network, Foreman revealed that, unbeknownst to those outside of the football program, his girlfriend gave birth to a baby boy on Sept. 16.  His son was born premature and weighed just 15 ounces at birth; 50 days later, the infant passed away — not long after Foreman’s historic performance against Tech.

In fact, Foreman learned of his son’s death as he was driving back to the hospital in Texas City after the game to be with him.

From HookEm.com‘s transcription of his interview with the NFL Network:

I always dreamed of having a boy and naming him after me and you know, just seeing him grow. You know, just loving him.

“He was a fighter, you know. He would like fight and he’s going to make it and everything will be fine.”

“I really didn’t know how to feel. I was like numb. I was driving and then I was crying while I was driving. I was crushed and I was so hurt. I feel like something was taken away from me before I even really got the chance to experience it.

While nothing can ever replace Foreman’s loss, there is a silver lining in his story as the back’s girlfriend is again pregnant.  The due date?  The same day D’Onta Vanton Foreman Jr. was born.

Foreman Sr. is one of the players who are part of the pool for the NFL draft, which will take place this Thursday in Philadelphia.

Via Twitter, safety Jordan Fogal says he’s leaving Utah