Skip to content

Jamoris Slaughter officially denied sixth year with Irish

Notre Dame v Stanford Getty Images

In mid-January, it was reported that Notre Dame’s Jamoris Slaughter had been denied a sixth season of eligibility by the NCAA.  A month later, that decision has come to fruition.

Announced by the player himself Wednesday night, Notre Dame confirmed Thursday morning that the NCAA did indeed deny Slaughter’s appeal for another season with the Irish.

“I appreciate the NCAA taking the time to thoroughly look into Jamoris’ application for a sixth year,” said head coach Brian Kelly in a statement. “Jamoris is a first-class young man and most importantly leaves Notre Dame with his degree. We wish him all the best as he now pursues his dream of playing in the NFL.”

Slaughter missed all but three games of the 2012 season with an Achilles injury.  He also redshirted in 2008, but the school apparently wasn’t able to prove that redshirt season was the result of injury.  In order to receiver a sixth season from the NCAA, a player/school must show that two seasons were missed due to medical reasons.

The defensive back suffered the season-ending injury after starting the first three games of the year.  He started 19 of the 39 games in which he played during his Irish career.

Slaughter, who graduated in May of last year, has been invited to participate in the NFL’s Scouting Combine.

Permalink 2 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Big Ten Conference, Penn State Nittany Lions, Rumor Mill, Top Posts
2 Responses to “Jamoris Slaughter officially denied sixth year with Irish”
  1. ajgreenshands says: Feb 14, 2013 12:38 PM

    Is this Webster Slaughter’s son?

  2. irishdodger says: Feb 14, 2013 2:21 PM

    No.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!