Some links from around college football on a Wednesday…
- Andy Staples of Sports Illustrated ranks the 10 most powerful people in college sports. If you’re looking for SI’s full list of the 50 most powerful people in sports, click here. Little ticked neither John nor I got a nod.
- SI also reports that sideline reporter Jenn Brown is leaving ESPN.
- The Big East released its 2013 football schedule.
- Thrust into a starting quarterback role last season because of numerous injuries, Shawn Petty is back at linebacker for Maryland this spring. Until a meteor takes out the QB two-deep, that is.
- Exactly which recruiting deregulation proposals are under reconsideration?
- How much are college athletic directors making these days? USA Today has the directory and the story.
- More research on head injuries at the college level from Business Week. Okay, but what’s being done about it on a practical level?
- Oh, dear. This tattoo.