Meandering our way through the offseason, a single one-liner at a time…
– Bobby Bowden is proud of Joe Ostaszewski, one of his former Florida State defensive linemen, for being a big loser; would be even prouder if he were the Biggest Loser.
– A bone-on-bone situation in his left knee has led Clemson linebacker Justin Parker to call it a playing career.
– Will Muschamp is happy to defensive lineman Dominique Easley in Florida’s foxhole.
– Not only is Maryland’s Matt Robinson dealing with a position switch, he’s doing so while also recovering from a significant shoulder injury.
– 2013 signee Jaylen Lowe wants to become Tulsa’s first football-basketball athlete in more than 20 years, and head coach Bill Blankenship has no objections.
– SMU linebacker Cameron Rogers will be honored by the National Football Foundation as one of the organization’s nine college scholar-athletes.
– West Virginia will add a family-friendly section to Milan Puskar Stadium, which will presumably be a “No Couch-Burning Zone.”
– As Michigan prepares to embark on spring practice 2013, All-Big Ten punter Will Hagerup remains suspended and yeah it’s the offseason so even kickers are players too this time of the year.
– BYU’s looking to get past last year’s misadventures and show some marked improvement in the kicking game and yeah I slid this one in here on purpose.