BC’s second-leading rusher leaves team for personal reasons

Rolandan Finch, Darlos James AP

A week or so away from putting a wrap on spring practice, Boston College has found itself taking an attrition hit at the running back position.

According to The Heights, the school’s student newspaper, BC confirmed that Rolandan “Deuce” Finch has left the team due to personal reasons.  No specifics were given, and it’s unknown if first-year head coach Steve Addazio has left the door open for a return.

The departure continues a turbulent last few months for Finch.

After leading the team in rushing (705 yards, including 243 in a late-October win over Maryland) as a redshirt sophomore in 2011, Finch was benched for the middle six games of the 2012 season.  He returned for the last three games of the year, rushing for 317 yards on 52 carries (6.1 yards per carry).

His 426 yards rushing in 2012 were second behind Andre Williams‘ 584.  Williams returns this season and, with Finch’s departure, will likely be expected to carry a sizable chunk of the Eagles’ running game load.

Permalink 1 Comment Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Atlantic Coast Conference, Boston College Eagles, Rumor Mill, Top Posts
1 Response to “BC’s second-leading rusher leaves team for personal reasons”
  1. thegamecocker says: Apr 8, 2013 8:47 AM

Andre Williams could be a GREAT BACK if the O-line can be solidified. He has power and speed and is finally healthy. Andre is a smart runner, has improved his pass-blocking skills, and can catch the ball out of the backfield. Now that BC has a new football coach in Steve Addazio and a new AD with a brain (Mean Gene was a A-HOLE), BC can be on the rise again.