Meandering our way through the offseason, a single one-liner at a time…
– Coming off a six-loss season, Mark Dantonio goes
delusional on the record by saying that Michigan State is “not that far away” from a return trip to the Rose Bowl that’s a quarter century in the making.
– If you’re in the mood for both a feel-good story and the shedding of a tear or two along the way, read this piece from The Oregonian‘s Lindsay Schnell on Oregon State wide receiver and burgeoning star Brandin Cooks.
– Mark Richt has apparently decided to cannonball right into the Twitterverse.
– Televised spring games not exactly “Must-See TV” for Utah’s Kyle Whittingham (or anyone else with a semblance of a life for that matter).
– True frosh history could be repeating itself at inside linebacker for Colorado.
– New North Carolina State head coach Dave Doeren still looking for “the guy” at quarterback.
– Auburn defensive tackle Ben Bradley has shed 30 pounds to get down to his fighting weight of 300(ish) pounds.
– Tennessee continues preparations for Saturday’s Orange & White game.
– Hard work has been kind to Utah safety Tyron Morris-Edwards, which in kind could be good news for the Utes’ defense.
– Wide receiver-turned-cornerback Ian Thomas is looking to fill a void for Rutgers at cornerback.
– Nearly two dozen recruits will take in Penn State’s spring game Saturday.