Some links from around college football on a Friday…
- Johnny Manziel tweeted his congratulations to former Texas A&M offensive lineman and No. 2 overall pick in the NFL draft Luke Joeckel.
- Your longform read of the day: how John Swofford sold Florida State on the ACC’s grant of rights deal.
- An update on the ongoing Ed O’Bannon case vs. the NCAA and Electronic Arts.
- Mike Riley has no set timeline for naming Oregon State’s starting quarterback.
- al.com: Auburn exits spring feeling good about its depth, experience at defensive tackle
- Watch out, y’all: Maryland self-reported nine secondary violations last year.
- Syracuse’s Scott Shafer was a breath of fresh air on the ACC coaches teleconference.
- Renovations to Kansas State’s football stadium are ahead of schedule.
- Not football-related, but prayers and best wishes to former Notre Dame head basketball coach and current ESPN analyst Digger Phelps, who it was announced Friday has been diagnosed with bladder cancer.