Meandering our way through the offseason, a single one-liner at a time…
– Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith supports the idea of playing the Big Ten championship game in Detroit when the contract with Indianapolis runs out in three years.
– Newark Star Ledger: New athletic director Julie Hermann needs to prove she can be a visionary for Rutgers.
– While an agreement in principle has been reached to renew the Memphis-Tennessee hoops rivalry, a continuation of the football series remains up in the air.
– Michigan State’s Spartan Stadium North end zone project involves Homeland Security issue.
– At least for now, former Alabama offensive coordinator Jim McElwain is looking forward to bringing his Colorado State team to Bryant-Denny Stadium this fall.
– Having an East Coast recruiting presence is being embraced by Michigan State defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi.
– Safety Ebo Makinde posted the fasted 40-yard dash time (4.24) at Boise State’s spring testing day.
– Speaking of Boise State, Bronco Stadium will be getting a new 60-foot-by-33-foot video board to replace the one installed in 2001.
– Class of 2014 Kentucky football recruits banding together on Twitter.