Meandering our way through the offseason, a single one-liner at a time…
– The mother of Donte Newsome, the Marshall football player shot and killed outside of a Huntington nightclub in 2008, not entitled to compensation for her son’s unpaid student loans, the West Virginia Supreme Court ruled.
– Keep your NCAA dos-and-don’ts manual at the ready: it’s Big Cat Weekend once again at Auburn.
– Michigan State looking for somebody, anybody, to step up at the tight end position.
– Speaking of tight ends, that’s one of the biggest question marks on Colorado’s depth chart.
– Given the impression he’s making on the local high school circuit, maybe first-year Buffs head coach Mike MacIntyre can improve that position without going far from home.
– Improvements at the football stadium part of the planned facility upgrades at Western Michigan.
– In non-football news*, Michigan kicker Brendan Gibbons is on the verge of breaking the program’s all-time record for most consecutive field goals made.
(*it’s a joke; lighten up)