Meandering our way through the offseason, a single one-liner at a time…
– Michigan landing a verbal commitment from the nation’s No. 2 recruit could have a national impact for the Wolverines.
– During the Big 12’s annual spring meetings this week, it’s expected record revenue disbursement for conference members will be announced.
– In other conference spring meeting news, the football schedule, television and bowl tie-ins will be on the SEC’s agenda.
– Butch Jones talks of rebuilding the Tennessee Volunteers brick by brick.
– Auburn’s Big Cat Weekend has intrigued at least one four-star recruit.
– Oklahoma has self-reported some secondary violations. The horror!
– The top-rated offensive tackle in the Class of 2014, West Monroe (La.) (Hey, jack) high schooler Cameron Robinson, says Alabama and LSU are the only two schools he’s considering.
– (Writer’s note: indulge me for a minute) Former Oklahoma State and current NFL quarterback Brandon Weeden significantly and consistently out drove former OSU and current pro golfer Rickie Fowler at a recent golf outing, which as a Cleveland Browns fan makes me feel very confident for our upcoming home games at Augusta.