Some links from around college football on a Saturday…
- It looks like Iowa State’s NCAA case over impermissible phone calls won’t be considered all that severe by the NCAA. It shouldn’t, anyway.
- Former SMU assistant athletic director Henry Lee Parker, who lost his job in the wake of the Death Penalty scandal, has died at the age of 88.
- This, from Pistols Firing Blog on recruiting, is good for a laugh or 10.
- Johnny Manziel is now acting in country music videos. As if he wasn’t already everywhere all the time.
- Georgia defensive tackle John Atkins was arrested Friday for two minor traffic violations. He is not expected to miss playing time.
- An update on the ever-important Ed O’Bannon case from al.com.
- There’s a joke in here somewhere: Terrelle Pryor‘s 2008 Big Ten championship ring is up for sale on eBay.
- Amid Rutgers’ AD scandal, football coach Kyle Flood is a bright spot for the Scarlet Knights.
- Stanford’s strength coach, Shannon Turley, is now the “Kissick Family Director of Football Sports Performance.”