Discover Orange Bowl - Northern Illinois v Florida State

Updated: FSU WR arrested on allegation of sexual assault

Florida State’s had a quiet offseason as far as off-the-field concerns go. That’s changed with the arrest of wide receiver Greg Dent Sunday evening.

Per the Leon County Sheriff’s Office’s website, Dent was arrested for sexual assault of a person over the age of 12. He was held without bail overnight and reports that a hearing is scheduled for this morning.

The site adds that Dent is specifically (and, still at the present moment, allegedly) in violation of Florida Statute 794.011-5, which reads as follows: “A person who commits sexual battery upon a person 12 years of age or older, without that person’s consent, and in the process thereof does not use physical force and violence likely to cause serious personal injury commits a felony of the second degree.”

Florida State has yet to comment on the situation, and since the charge is currently listed as a second-degree felony, university policy states Dent is prohibited from participating in team activities for the time being.

As a redshirt junior in 2012, Dent caught 27 passes for 355 yards and a pair of scores.

Updated 10:00 a.m. ET: The police affidavit of the incident alleging sexual assault against Dent has been released and it involves a longtime friend of Dent’s. You can read it HERE, but be advised that it’s graphic. Proceed with caution.

It states that Dent and his friend went out to a night club with a group and that the friend stayed over at Dent’s place afterward, a common occurrence. However, the alleged victim says Dent tried to kiss her after she fell asleep. He then became “increasingly forceful” and attempted to have sex with her despite her refusal.

Dent’s bond has been set at $15,000 and he is to have no contact with the alleged victim as part of his pretrial release. The senior wide receiver provided a statement to police about the incident, but it was redacted. However, the statement is part of the grounds for his arrest.

It’s a very serious offense,” Tim Jansen, the attorney representing Dent, said Monday. “It’s an offense that could send him to prison if he’s convicted. It’s certainly an offense that’s going to get him suspended.

“All we have is a statement that’s attributed to him. A lot of times, the officers will give their interpretation of what he said in the report and sometimes their statements will be different.”

Report: LSU’s Travin Dural hamstrung for rest of season

TUSCALOOSA, AL - NOVEMBER 07:  Travin Dural #83 of the LSU Tigers scores with a touchdown reception against Geno Matias-Smith #24 of the Alabama Crimson Tide in the second quarter at Bryant-Denny Stadium on November 7, 2015 in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.  (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)

A season that will likely end up with LSU parting ways with its head coach will reportedly end with one of the Tigers’ most dangerous threats in the passing game on the sidelines as well.

While there’s been no confirmation from the school, LSU’s student newspaper, the Daily Reveille, is reporting that Travin Dural will undergo surgery this week for a right hamstring tear. As a result, the wide receiver will miss the regular-season finale against Texas A&M as well as a bowl game.

Dural sustained the injury in last weekend’s loss to Ole Miss that seemingly sealed his head coach’s fate. The receiver tweeted the following after the reports surfaced.

Dural is tops on the Tigers in averaging 19 yards per reception, and his 28 catches for 533 yards and three touchdowns are second on the team. The 6-2, 203-pound Dural led the Bayou Bengals last season with 37 catches for 758 yards and seven touchdowns.

A redshirt junior, Dural is expected to make himself available for the 2016 NFL draft.  The recovery time for his procedure will be 3-4 months, which puts his availability for the February NFL combine decidedly in doubt.

Stanford loses FB Daniel Marx for the season to leg injury

Conrad Ukropina, Daniel Marx