Some links from around college football on a Monday…
- First thing’s first, you have to see this mustache on Harvey Updyke, who is apparently leaving jail and headed straight to the Oregon trail.
- John Infante writes that the Eddie Vanderdoes appeal is an example of why the NCAA needs to take control of the National Letter of Intent.
- Growing pains aside, TCU and West Virginia are loving life in the Big 12, writes Chuck Carlton of the Dallas Morning News.
- Texas A&M is thrilled with SEC commissioner, Mike Slive.
- The development continues for Taylor Martinez, the passer.
- From our friends at MotorSportsTalk: an Ohio State student plans to wear a Buckeyes helmet at a Mid-Ohio race this weekend.
- The robbery trial for Tulane linebacker Trent Mackey has been continued to July 9.
- An unofficial sequel to “The U”, the ESPN 30 for 30 documentary, is currently in fundraising stage. It’s not affiliated with the director Billy Corben, but “The U” was one of my favorite 30 for 30 documentaries, so a second movie could be interesting.
- Ole Miss is still ‘crootin’ with the best of ‘em.