Meandering our way through the offseason, a single one-liner at a time…
– In poll results that will surprise absolutely no one, Michigan-Ohio State was overwhelmingly voted as the most important game in the Big Ten for the upcoming season.
– Rocker-turned-country singer Darius Rucker would give up a Grammy for a South Carolina national championship.
– At least for now, hoops-mad Kentucky beating upper-echelon programs on the football recruiting trail.
– Deseret News: Neither the Utes nor Aggies can afford to lose the ‘Battle of the Brothers’ in week
– The Big Ten Network taps Michigan State’s linebackers as the best group in the conference.
– Memphis Commercial Appeal: Tiger coach Justin Fuente eager to “raise the bar” but warns of tough debut in AAC.
– Colorado State’s Jim McElwain had 150,000 reasons to ensure his players made the grade.
– Four-star JUCO defensive impressed following visit to Auburn, although Arkansas is still believed to be the front-runner.
– The top six as announced via Twitter for five-star 2014 defensive back Jamal Adams? Florida, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Texas and Texas A&M.
– Ex-Kansas State great Jordy Nelson simply can’t stay away from his Manhattan roots.
– Troubled former All-American Rolando McClain, who abruptly retired from the NFL last month at the age of 23, has returned to Alabama and is enrolled in classes.