Meandering our way through the offseason, a single one-liner at a time…
– Steve Spurrier received a $100,000 bonus for his South Carolina players’ performance in the classroom.
– Anderson Independent Mail: Tiger fans disappointed, outraged over Howard’s Rock vandalism.
– Michigan’s Outback Bowl loss cost the athletic department $1,733,382, although the school will wind up making money in the end.
– Mlive.com: Michigan State incoming linebacker Jon Reschke ready to hit the field, film room.
– Joining a host of other SEC coaches, Gus Malzahn is now a paid spokesman and is filming commercials for
a poor man’s Chevy Ford trucks.
– Daily Oklahoman: Oklahoma assistant coach Jay Norvell is inspired by the passion, joy of young campers.
– Virginia Tech still has a limited number of tickets available for its opener against Alabama.
– Washington has scheduled a 2018 game with FCS school North Dakota.