Some links from around college football on a Friday…
- The class certification hearing in the O’Bannon v. NCAA case took place yesterday. Here’s what went down.
- A wide receiver in Syracuse’s 2013 class did not meet academic requirements and will not enroll this fall.
- Is SMU”s non-conference schedule the best in college football? Outside of Montana State, the Mustangs are playing Texas A&M, TCU and Texas Tech.
- Conference USA has a new logo. And, well, it looks a lot like the old one.
- Former Florida safety Josh Evans said the Gators were feeling “sorry for themselves” in their Sugar Bowl loss to Louisville.
- Remember Alabama running back Glen Coffee? Well, he’s graduating. From Airborne school.
- What would a new “Division 1″ look like? Probably a lot like the old Division 1, writes John Infante.
- Emory’s Business School did a study of which football programs did the best and worst jobs converting elite recruits into NFL draft picks. The page has a link to its methodology and it’s some interesting offseason fodder.