Some links from around college football on a Thursday…
- Kirk Herbstreit thinks — no, he knows — Ohio State is going to Pasadena this season.
- Gary Andersen‘s son will transfer from BYU and play for the Badgers.
- Houston and Rice could see their cross-town rivalry be interrupted thanks to realignment.
- The Committee on Infractions ruled correctly with Oregon, Andy Staples of Sports Illustrated writes, but the NCAA is so inconsistent it’s hard to tell.
- After breaking the rules, Oregon decided to play by them, writes George Schroeder of the USA Today.
- If Vanderbilt assistant Herb Hand makes it on “Chopped”, I know I’m watching.
- No reprimands are coming to Illinois players who wore American Indian headdresses and face paint at a charity event.
- Florida A&M’s marching band, suspended after a November 2011 hazing death of a drum major, will return to the field this fall.
- Athlon has released its 2013 Preseason All-American Team.