Skip to content

Ex-Spartans WR says he’s transferring to Florida A&M

Juwan Caesar

It was announced in late May that backup Michigan State wide receiver Juwan Caesar would be transferring from the program, though no destination for the wideout was announced at the time.

While there’s still nothing official from the program, Caesar said via his Twitter account that he’s at Florida A&M, which is significantly closer to his hometown of Miami.

A three-star member of the Spartans’ 2011 recruiting class, Caesar was rated as the No. 67 receiver in the country and the No. 77 player in the state of Florida. He was one of three wide receivers — the other two being Jay Harris and Kyle Kerrick – to leave the program over the course of a month for one reason or another.

Caesar’s true freshman season was derailed by a foot injury and he took a redshirt.  He did not play as a redshirt freshman in 2012, and was moved to tight end during bowl practices.

(Photo credit: Michigan State athletics)

Permalink 3 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Big Ten Conference, Michigan State Spartans, Rumor Mill, Top Posts
3 Responses to “Ex-Spartans WR says he’s transferring to Florida A&M”
  1. operwapitsai says: Jul 8, 2013 11:19 AM

    now there is nobody to catch balls from nobody?…..

  2. cfballfan1 says: Jul 8, 2013 11:22 PM

    Kid couldn’t crack the 3 – deep w/ Sparty, so best of luck to him.

  3. detroitchris says: Jul 10, 2013 10:31 AM

    First, good luck to him at FAMU, I have no malice or any reason to have malice toward Mr. Caesar.

    On to the cold analysis:

    I tend to agree with cfballfan1, if you couldn’t break into the depth chart last year at either WR or TE, you aren’t a big loss to the program. Which really leads to my two larger points, the rankings are bunk and national sports writers are lazy.

    If he’s the no. 67 WR, he’s on the 3 deep on a team ranked in the top 25 for sure, playing regularly and contributing. Heck, he’d be the star WR at most of the Big Ten schools with that level of talent. What this shows is that he’s another great high school player with an awesome YouTube video who couldn’t make the jump.

    The implication from the way the author writes about the 3 WR’s leaving the program is that there’s this mass exodus of starters and top talent, when in reality it’s two guys (Caesar and Kerrick) who didn’t earn playing time, and it looks like both will be playing at smaller schools if at all, and the gangsta rappa (Harris).

    The article should read, “MSU continues to do an excellent job of purging itself of players that shouldn’t be on the team and making room for both new and existing players to thrive.”

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!