Some links from around college football on a Monday…
- Utah is loaded at quarterback, writes Rhett Wilkinson of the Deseret News.
- One of my favorites, George Schroeder of the USA Today, has a good feature on former Auburn running back Michael Dyer.
- How can the American Athletic Conference improve its pre-existing poor reputation right out of the gate? Pat Forde has five suggestions.
- Incoming Alabama defensive lineman Darius Paige has reportedly been cleared to participate for the Tide.
- Here are the six players who are eligible for this year’s supplemental draft.
- In a piece that will surely be positively reviewed by everyone, Stewart Mandel of SI.com gives his 10 best — and five worst — coaches in college football. My only real adjustment? Pat Fitzgerald gets a top-10 nod.
- Franco Harris is still defending Joe Paterno. Whether you side with Harris or not, this is an interesting read from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- Which states tweet the most about college football? You can probably guess some, but here’s the top five anyway.