Some links from around college football on a Thursday…
- Is the Big 12 really as deep as Bob Stoops says it is?
- Urban Meyer calls new Wisconsin coach, and former assistant, Gary Andersen one of the best two or three hires he’s ever made.
- Would an O’Bannon victory be the end of non-revenue sports? Uh, not exactly, says Patrick Hruby of Sports on Earth.
- You have to admit, Notre Dame wide receiver TJ Jones has some cojones.
- After multiple legal problems, Penn State coach Bill O’Brien confirmed running back Zayd Issah will not join the Nittany Lions.
- Bo Pelini and Taylor Martinez agree: Nebraska’s offense can be the best in the country this year.
- And don’t ask Rich Rodriguez about no slow offenses or huddlin’ or any of that.
- There was some backlash to say the least when Stewart Mandel of Sports Illustrated named Kirk Ferentz one of his five worst coaches in college football. Here’s what the Iowa coach had to say about it yesterday.
- Oregon State cornerback Tyler Hasty, son of former NFL player James Hasty, was arrested for attempting to evade police after he was caught speeding. He’s been dismissed from the team.