Skip to content

Wake’s leading rusher reinstated, will play in ’13

Wake Forest v Florida State Getty Images

A week after Wake Forest received some rather disheartening news, the Demon Deacons are on the other end of the emotional spectrum when it comes to the same player.

In a tweet posted to his Twitter account Friday, Wake’s Josh Harris announced that “[t]he NCAA has approved my appeal” and he will be reinstated to play football in 2013.  The school subsequently confirmed the news in a release.

On the first day of August, it was announced that the running back had been declared ineligible.

“I am happy that the appeal was approved,” said head coach Jim Grobe in a statement. “I am excited to get Josh into camp.”

No reason was given for the initial eligibility issue or why the appeal to the NCAA was successful.  Regardless, though, it’s a significant boost for the Deacons’ running game headed into 2013.

Last season, Harris lead the team in rushing (615 yards) and rushing touchdowns (five).  He also added 19 receptions coming out of the backfield, a total good for fifth on the team.

Permalink 1 Comment Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Atlantic Coast Conference, Rumor Mill, Top Posts, Wake Forest Demon Deacons
1 Response to “Wake’s leading rusher reinstated, will play in ’13”
  1. 8to80texansblog says: Aug 9, 2013 2:27 PM

    $€¢, $€¢, $€¢…

    Oh wait… This happens all over the country???

    I’m confused…. According to this board stuff like this ONLY happens in the SEC…

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!