Skip to content

Wake dismisses DB Duran Lowe

Wake Forest Duke football AP

Thanks to an unnamed issue, Wake Forest won’t have as much experienced depth in the secondary as it thought it would heading into 2013.

In a brief press release, the Demon Deacons announced that safety Duran Lowe has been dismissed from the football program.  “A violation of University policy” was the only reason given for the fifth-year senior’s departure.

Lowe played in 31 career games, having been credited with 91 tackles and an interception.  His only start at Wake came last year during his redshirt junior season.

Six of Lowe’s career games came last season as well.  His year came to an abrupt end in mid-October, however, as the defensive back was charged with possession with intent to sell and distribute marijuana.  Lowe was slapped with an indefinite suspension that ultimately lasted the remainder of the the 2012 season.

Permalink 2 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Atlantic Coast Conference, Rumor Mill, Top Posts, Wake Forest Demon Deacons
2 Responses to “Wake dismisses DB Duran Lowe”
  1. noaxetogrind says: Aug 20, 2013 2:28 PM

    A truly unfortunate situation but one that continues to point out, every program, not some, not most, every program, has unfortunate issues with players and poor choices. In the last week we have seen Vandy and Wake Forest both be hit with embarassing situations and they are premier academic schools with credible programs. Not sure what the haters will do with this one. Can’t blame it on the SEC, or on Urban Meyer or “fill in the denigrated coach of your choice”.

  2. friarjack61 says: Aug 21, 2013 1:10 PM

    Continue attending classes ?? Doubt it !!

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!