Skip to content

Ex-LSU WR denied immediate eligibility at LaTech

Skip Holtz

Louisiana Tech’s run of good fortune when it comes to NCAA waivers has officially run out.

The school announced Thursday via a press release that the NCAA has denied an appeal for immediate eligibility for Paul Turner.  As  result, the wide receiver will be forced to sit out the 2013 season.

Turner will thus have two years to use his two years of remaining eligibility beginning in 2014.

“I am disappointed for Paul that the ruling came out the way it did,” said Tech head coach Skip Holtz in a statement. “I hate that Paul will lose a year of college eligibility for doing the right things for his family. I am, however, glad he is a member of such a close-knit family like our team here at Louisiana Tech.”

Turner took a redshirt as a true freshman in 2011 at LSU, then played in nine games for the Tigers in 2012.  He transferred during the spring due to what was described as family issues.

Earlier this month, three Tech players were granted a sixth season of eligibility while two others were given fifth years.

Permalink 2 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Conference USA, Louisiana Tech Bulldogs, LSU Tigers, Rumor Mill, Southeastern Conference, Top Posts
2 Responses to “Ex-LSU WR denied immediate eligibility at LaTech”
  1. kinggator says: Aug 30, 2013 1:57 PM

    If he had only been able to lie about the circumstances he would have only missed one half of one game instead of an entire season – #moneybadger

  2. barbeaux says: Aug 30, 2013 2:32 PM

    Or let the team vote to let him play despite sexually assaulting a 14 yo and sucker punching a drunk guy that was walking thru a parking lot

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!