LSU RB cited for role in fight

Jeryl Brazil

And no, smart guys/gals, it wasn’t Jeremy Hill.

According to LSU’s student newspaper, The Reveille, running back Jeryl Brazil was issued a summons following an incident outside of an on-campus dining hall a week ago yesterday.  Both Brazil and another 18-year-old student were cited for fighting, although there were no details of what led to the altercation.

Neither individual was arrested; police found Brazil at his residence after the fight and served him his summons.

LSU is aware of the incident and stated any punishment will be handled internally.  Head coach Les Miles said that Brazil, who did not play against Kent State a couple of days after the incident, might play in Saturday’s game against Auburn.

A four-star member of the Tigers’ 2013 recruiting class, Brazil was rated as the No. 16 cornerback in the country by Rivals.com.  While he signed on as a defensive back, Brazil carried the ball twice for 10 yards in the opener against UAB.

(Photo credit: LSU athletics)

Permalink 10 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: LSU Tigers, Rumor Mill, Southeastern Conference, Top Posts
10 Responses to “LSU RB cited for role in fight”
  1. pettytom says: Sep 19, 2013 2:45 PM

Knuckleheads!!! What is Les doing to control these players??? It seems like once a month one of his players is getting in trouble. He needs to tighten those kids up, success doesn’t mean you can do whatever the hell you want.

2. nawlinssaints1956 says: Sep 19, 2013 3:00 PM

Lighten up Francis; Les has addressed it.

3. bigdinla says: Sep 19, 2013 3:08 PM

Brazil is a CB not RB.

4. jtinnon2009 says: Sep 19, 2013 3:15 PM

Jeremy and Brazil are a couple of reasons they call LSU the “fightin’ Tigers.”

5. gorilladunk says: Sep 19, 2013 3:17 PM

Looks like it’s time for a team vote!

6. kinggator says: Sep 19, 2013 4:47 PM

Nobody puts Brazil in the corner!

7. nawlinssaints1956 says: Sep 19, 2013 5:20 PM

Brazil is a RB; he was recruited as a CB…

8. shaunodame says: Sep 19, 2013 5:53 PM

Them bayou boys are a crazy lot. Everybody knows that. Les’ gang loves to go off

9. normtide says: Sep 19, 2013 8:09 PM

Memo to Baton Rouge residents: LSU RB’s will fight you. You might not want to challenge those folks. Of course, that could be said for most alpha make you’re big time college athletes, at any school. Maybe its just the residents of BR that are tough. I have had business with EBR EMS service, and I’ve heard done stories about the area. Pretty rough place.

10. kdbroom says: Sep 19, 2013 9:22 PM

So…..two college kids get into a fight. Is this supposed to be news?