N. Illinois Cent Michigan football

Jordan Lynch sets QB rushing record in Northern Illinois win

Northern Illinois quarterback Jordan Lynch had a career day on Saturday, rushing for 316 yards — an FBS record for a quarterbacks — and three touchdowns as NIU stayed unbeaten in beating Central Michigan, 38-17.

Lynch also threw for 155 yards and a score, making him the first FBS player to have 100 passing yards and 300 rushing yards in a game.

The 316 yards broke the record held by former NIU quarterback Stacey Robinson, who had 308 against Fresno State back in 1990.

“The holes were so wide open; it was nothing I did,” Lynch said afterward.

A performance like this might start to get Lynch some notice in the Heisman race — he finished sixth in the voting last season and is on pace for even better production in 2013.

Report: LSU’s Travin Dural hamstrung for rest of season

TUSCALOOSA, AL - NOVEMBER 07:  Travin Dural #83 of the LSU Tigers scores with a touchdown reception against Geno Matias-Smith #24 of the Alabama Crimson Tide in the second quarter at Bryant-Denny Stadium on November 7, 2015 in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.  (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)