Skip to content

Marcus Roberson opts for NFL over another year in The Swamp

Marcus Roberson AP

Following up on reports that surfaced earlier in the day, Florida confirmed Friday afternoon that cornerback Marcus Roberson will forego his final year of eligibility with the Gators and enter the 2014 NFL Draft.

“Marcus has informed me that he has made the decision to pursue his dream of playing in the NFL,” said UF head coach Will Muschamp in a statement. “Marcus was part of our first recruiting class and it was a pleasure watching him mature and develop both on and off the field during his time here. I look forward to watching him play on Sundays and, like all of our players, I encourage them to return to complete his degree.”

Roberson played in just seven games in 2013, with four of those being starts.  He was named second-team All-SEC following the 2012 season.

A four-star member of the Gators’ 2011 recruiting class, Roberson was rated as the No. 2 cornerback in the country and the No. 37 player nationally at any position.

“I’m very thankful of everyone at Florida that helped me to get to this point in my career. From Tony Meacham, my academic adviser, to Jeff Dillman to Coach Muschamp and the entire coaching staff. It’s been a great experience here and now that it is over I can truly appreciate everything that is in place here for players to be successful and have an opportunity to play at the next level.”

Permalink 1 Comment Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Florida Gators, Rumor Mill, Southeastern Conference, Top Posts
1 Response to “Marcus Roberson opts for NFL over another year in The Swamp”
  1. noletrole says: Jan 3, 2014 4:41 PM

    say what you want about the rest of the team but that secondary is filthy at UF

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!