SEC Championship Football

Court documents show no evidence Mizzou’s Dorial Green-Beckham was selling pot

The Springfield News-Leader uncovered court documents that show Mizzou wide receiver Dorial Green-Beckham was not in possession of marijuana when he was arrested earlier this month on charges of distribution, delivery, manufacture or production of a controlled substance.

Green-Beckham — the nation’s top recruit in 2012 — was quickly released and most early analyses indicated he wasn’t out selling marijuana when he was arrested. But given a previous marijuana-related charge on his record, his latest booking certainly raised some eyebrows.

Green-Beckham’s attorney released a statement (via PowerMizzou‘s Gabe DeArmond) after the News-Leader’s report:

As has been reported over the past 3 weeks, Dorial was arrested along with two friends after a car stop for possession of a controlled substance. Throughout this entire investigation, Dorial has denied, and continues to deny any knowledge, or any connection with a large amount of suspected marijuana that was found in the back of a vehicle in which Dorial was a passenger. The vehicle was not Dorial’s nor was it discovered in an area that he was occupying. As has been filed with the Court in the form of search warrant returns, another occupant of the vehicle, Patrick Prouty admitted ownership of the marijuana. Additionally, a large amount of cash was also discovered in the pocket of Mr. Prouty, after he had refused to allow the officers to search him.

Dorial has been nothing but completely cooperative with law enforcement throughout this entire process. Dorial very much regrets putting himself in this situation, and he is anxious to put this ordeal behind him. We are hopeful, in light of what this investigation has uncovered, that this matter will quickly be resolved in a positive manner for Dorial.

Green-Beckham’s arrest remains under investigation and hasn’t been submitted to the Greene County prosecutor’s office yet, per the St. Louis Post-Dispatch’s Dave Matter.

In his sophomore season, Green-Beckham caught 59 passes for 883 yards and 12 touchdowns. He came on strong to end the season, catching 22 passes for 351 yards with seven touchdowns against Kentucky, Ole Miss, Texas A&M and Auburn.

‘Canes down three starters for Thursday night game vs. Hokies

MIAMI GARDENS, FL - OCTOBER 17: Brenden Motley #9 of the Virginia Tech Hokies escapes a tackle from Chad Thomas #9 of the Miami Hurricanes during a game  at Sun Life Stadium on October 17, 2015 in Miami Gardens, Florida.  (Photo by Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images)