Some Alabama fans may still think the Crimson Tide had a win stolen from them there last fall, but Auburn’s Jordan Hare Stadium was the scene of a memorabilia heist Friday. Three Auburn students were arrested for stealing over $16,000 worth of Auburn football memorabilia, much of it related to former Auburn greats Cam Newton and Bo Jackson.
According to a report by OANow.com, the students broke into Jordan Hare Stadium through the locker room and made off with jerseys, helmet and a championship football from the 2010 BCS Championship Game as well as some other miscellaneous merchandise.
The full list of stolen goods, per OANow.com is as follows…
- White No. 34 Bo Jackson jersey – $2,500
- Bo Jackson helmet, orange facemask – $2,500
- Bo Jackson game football – $2,500
- White No. 2 Cam Newton jersey – $2,500
- Cam Newton BCS helmet – $2,500
- 2010 National Championship Game football – $2,500
- Schutt helmet – $425
- Shoulder pads – $325
- Blue No. 1 jersey – $300
- Blue No. 81 jersey – $300
- Football cleats, white – $145
- Football pants – $110
- Pair of wide receiver gloves, orange – $41
- Pair of wide receiver gloves, white – $41
- Under Armour girdle – $50
- Under Armour compression shirt, blue – $40
- Pair of Under Armour wristbands, orange – $20
- Pair of socks – $15
- Under Armour wristband, orange – $10
- Laundry loop – $4
Times are tough, but sometimes you just have to have a laundry loop, right?
Auburn police are investigating how the intrusion occurred.
Helmet sticker to CBSSports.com.