Skip to content

Razorbacks ‘part ways’ with WR D’Arthur Cowan

D'Arthur Cowan AP

Pruning season across the college football landscape continues this holiday, with word that Arkansas is latest to shear a player from its roster.

During a radio interview Thursday night, head coach Bret Bielema revealed that wide receiver D’Arthur Cowan is no longer a part of his football team.  No specific reason for the parting of ways was given, although Cowan’s participation in spring practice was interrupted due to academics and he had also been suspended since the middle of last month.

D’Arthur won’t be with us,” the coach told host Bo Mattingly by way of WholeHogSports.com. “We need players to do certain things the right way. We tried to work with him on several occasions, but we have to move on.”

As a redshirt freshman in 2013, Cowan caught four passes for 26 yards.  A three-star member of UA’s 2012 recruiting class, Cowan was rated as the No. 68 receiver in the country and the No. 8 player in the state of Mississippi at any position.

It was not all dire news for Bielema’s receiving corps, however.

Demetrius Wilson suffered a torn ACL during summer camp last August and missed the entire 2013 season.  After being at just 80 percent during spring practice, the coach stated that Wilson is back to full strength.

Permalink 2 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Arkansas Razorbacks, Rumor Mill, Southeastern Conference, Top Posts
2 Responses to “Razorbacks ‘part ways’ with WR D’Arthur Cowan”
  1. onbucky96 says: Jul 5, 2014 7:46 AM

    #karma

  2. whenwilliteverend says: Jul 5, 2014 9:04 PM

    Auburn will take him. They will just have to hire someone to do all his coursework for him. No big deal.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!