Skip to content

Notre Dame OC will ‘miss first few weeks’ of camp

The Notre Dame Fighting Irish will open camp Monday without their offensive coordinator.

First-year coordinator Mike Denbrock will “miss the first few weeks of preseason camp” after an undisclosed medical procedure, according to a statement released by the school.

“I had surgery last week,” Denbrock said in the statement. “I’m resting and feeling better every day, but I won’t be able to join the team for the beginning of preseason camp. Safe to say, I’m already chomping at the bit to get back with the guys.”

Hopefully, this is only a slight hiccup for Denbrock, who previously served as a coordinator under Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly at Grand Valley State from 1992-98.

“Mike is doing very well and everyone associated with the program looks forward to his return,” Kelly said.

Until Denbrock returns, Kelly will call the team’s offensive plays.

Denbrock has been on Kelly’s staff since the head coach took over at Notre Dame in 2010. Denbrock originally served as the Fighting Irish’s tight ends coach from 2010-11. Denbrock took over the team’s wide receivers in 2012, and he will still coach the position upon his return to the team.

Permalink 0 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Notre Dame Fighting Irish, Rumor Mill, Top Posts
Respond to “Notre Dame OC will ‘miss first few weeks’ of camp”
Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!