After flirting with a transfer for the past few days, Brendan Nosovitch has decided to remain right where he is.
At a fan event this past weekend, the quarterback confirmed that he will be staying at South Carolina and continue to be a part of the football Gamecocks.
“Yeah, I’m sticking around,” the redshirt sophomore said according to GamecocksOnline.com. “I’m staying.”
Last week it was reported that Nosovitch was very seriously considering a transfer, meeting with head coach Steve Spurrier about his future with the football program. The doubt was apparently triggered by the fact that he was buried at No. 4 on USC’s depth chart.
Nosovitch confirmed that a transfer was a possibility.
“I was thinking about it. It wasn’t a 100 percent kind of thing,” Nosovitch said. “It was never 100 percent. I was just trying to weigh my options, to see what the best thing for me was.”
Nosovitch will remain buried behind unquestioned starter Dylan Thompson, redshirt freshman Connor Mitch and walk-on sophomore Perry Orth — if he stays at quarterback. There had been talk that the 6-1, 221-pound Nosovitch could be moved to tight end; in fact, it’s gone beyond the talking stage as Nosovitch will practice with both the quarterbacks and tight ends moving forward.
A three-star member of the Gamecocks’ 2012 recruiting class, Nosovitch was rated as the No. 22 dual-threat quarterback in the country and the No. 20 player in the state of Pennsylvania at any position.
(Photo credit: South Carolina athletics)
And now we know a little bit more of the rest of the story.
Just a short time ago, Miami announced that defensive line Craig Kuligowski was leaving the football program after two years to pursue unspecified opportunities elsewhere. Subsequent to that announcement, Bruce Feldman of SI.com tweeted that Nick Saban and Tuscaloosa could be the assistant’s ultimate destination.
Kuligowski and Saban have a previous connection as the former played defensive line under the latter at Toledo in 1990. Saban is searching for a replacement to Karl Dunbar, the Crimson Tide’s defensive line coach who left for a job with the Pittsburgh Steelers earlier this month.
Other names floated as possibilities have included former FAU head coach Charlie Partridge and former UA assistant and current South Carolina line coach Lance Thompson.
At one point it appeared that Mark Richt had dodged a coaching-departure bullet. In the end, however, his Miami staff has been hit.
Reports surfaced earlier in the day Monday the Tampa Bay Buccaneers had interviewed UM defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski for the same job. Not long after the initial speculation first appeared, the NFL club confirmed that it had hired someone other than Kuligowski for the position.
Tonight, however, the Hurricanes announced in a press release that Kuligowski “is leaving the program to pursue other opportunities.” What and where specifically that opportunity is wasn’t divulged by the football program.
Kuligowski had spent the past two seasons with the Hurricanes and is widely considered one of the top line coaches in the country.
Are you ready for some good news? Kansas and Washington State are (finally, FINALLY!) going to meet on the gridiron.
Are you ready for some bad news? You’re going to have to wait nearly a decade to see it.
The Jayhawks and Cougars have agreed to a home-and-home series in 2027-28, according to documents obtained by FBSchedules. Washington State is set to host the first game on Sept. 11, 2027, with Kansas returning the favor on Sept. 9, 2028. The programs have met 10 times previously, but not since 1977. Kansas holds a 7-2 all-time advantage.
Washington State is also set to visit Boise State in 2027, but does not have any other games lined up for ’28. Kansas does not have any other agreements for either season.
Interestingly, Wazzu’s Kansas home-and-home is sandwiched around a home-and-home with Kansas State in 2026 and ’29. Washington State has not faced a Big 12 opponent since a 65-17 loss at Oklahoma State to open the 2010 season.
Kansas, who also has future games with Rutgers, Boston College, Duke and Illinois on the docket, has not squared off with a Pac-12 foe — not counting former Big 12 bunk mate Colorado — since a 41-17 loss to UCLA on Sept. 8, 2001.
Cincinnati and Western Michigan have agreed to a 2-game home-and-home series, it was announced Monday.
The Bearcats will host WMU on Sept. 12, 2020, and Western Michigan will host Cincinnati on Sept. 10, 2022.
The programs have met three times prior. Cincinnati and Western Michigan also played a home-and-home in 1949-50; the Bearcats won both games by scores of 27-6. Cincinnati also won their meeting in the 2007 International Bowl in Toronto, a 27-24 triumph.
Cincinnati already has road games lined up with Miami (Ohio) and Nebraska in 2020, with a Sept. 5 opener still to fill. Considering the Bearcats already have two MAC opponents and a Big Ten trip lined up, that game will almost certainly be a home game and likely against an FCS opponent. In 2022, Cincinnati will host Indiana and play Miami (Ohio) at the Bengals’ Paul Brown Stadium, with their Sept. 3 opener still unfilled.
Western Michigan also has a road trip to Notre Dame on the schedule for Sept. 19, 2020, and does not have any other games slated for 2022.